No plans, no problems

What a great week we’ve had over here!  We didn’t end up traveling for spring break but Lawrence already had the days off, so we’ve had a nice relaxed unhurried week.  It made me realize how busy and scheduled life usually is.  It’s a good change of pace to have nothing to do and no where to be.  Yesterday we took the kids to see the Lego movie and then out to dinner at Chick Fil A.  It was a cute movie and I think everyone enjoyed it… even Brendan who fell asleep.  Other happenings this week…

We’re rearranging things in the living room.  It was looking a little like this


This was back in December.  First picture is looking from the kitchen into the living room (notice that little dresser by the front door, it’s now got a new home), the second picture is looking from the front door toward the kitchen.  Those picture ledges got a makeover too.

Here’s what it was looking like during the rearranging


That’s Lawrence’s “are you seriously making me take apart and move this couch at 10 pm?” face.  He gets really excited when I have these ideas.  We’re not quite done with the rearranging, but I’ll have pictures of how the room looks now in the next few days.  I’m absolutely loving it.  I also got all the baseboards in the dining room painted.  I’m hoping Lawrence can finish the ones in the living room in the next day or so, so I can fill in the holes and get those painted and then most of the main floor will be done!  Although, I’m starting to think it’s never “done.”  There’s always room for change and improvement.

Speaking of which, we took a family trip to Ikea to pick up a few things for our mini makeover.  As it happened, right now they’re having a promotion where you can deduct the amount of your meal in their cafe from your bill in the store (over $100).  So basically, it’s a free meal which is a major score for our family.


Ryan’s a big fan of the ribs.

While we were there, we picked up some fun hurricane glasses which we had to try out asap. Lawrence had a new fruity drink recipe that needed testing so it worked out well.


Yummy.  Friday night pool happy hours are going to reach a whole new level of awesome.  Come on summer!

We’ve also been putting the fire pit to good use.  Sean approved of the smore making.


As did Lawrence.


So that’s what we’ve been up to.  We have a few fun things planned for the rest of the week as well.  And as of today, I’m 100% weight bearing again!  I’m not doing any hiking or anything, but I’m pretty much off crutches which is AMAZING.  I still use them at night if I need to get out of bed since it’s too much of a pain to put the boot back on and I don’t want to walk on my foot at all.  Aside from that though, the crutches have been retired.  My foot feels stiff and painful in the morning.  But after I get up and get moving, it feels pretty good.  Although I was a little very frustrated at first, I’m happy with the progress I’ve made since I got out of the cast on Friday.  I’m hopeful that I can start walking at the lake again in the next few weeks.  Even though things have taken a little longer than I thought they would, I’m finally feeling optimistic and seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Also, I read an article in Running Times yesterday that gave me a lot of hope.  But that’s a story for another day.


3 Comments Add yours

  1. SuzLyfe says:

    I love your remodel. As soon as you started it, it made me so jealous–I can’t wait until we own something so we can make it ours. And your taste is very similar to mine, so even more droolworthy. I need a smore now.
    And, as Bear Grylls once said, if you don’t drink, you don’t have a hope. SO, if all else fails. pour yourself a glass of wine! Personally, I think that as long as you are perceptive of your body and listen to it when it says SOS, you should only feel positive anticipation of returning to the running trail 😀

    1. Thank you! Our house has definitely be a labor of love… and frustration but after a whole lot of work we’re finally seeing the light at the end of the diy tunnel and are so so happy with the result! I know I just need to be patient with my foot. I was in a cast for over 6 weeks, I’m not going to come out feeling totally normal again right away. So a deep breath and glass of wine is probably exactly what I need. 🙂

      1. SuzLyfe says:

        Exactly. I had to be out of it for 5.5 weeks (at exactly the same time as you, or thereabout) with a hamstring strain, and let me tell you, there is a lot of paranoia coming back, and a lot of false hope as well. Just take everything as it comes, and revel in every good moment!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s